Admissions and Records

  • Admissions and Records banner with word cloud.

Admitted Graduate Student

You Should Know

Admission is provisional until all eligibility requirements and deadlines have been met, including enrollment and attendance in classes. If you do not enroll in classes and attend beyond the 20th day of instruction for the semester to which you were provisionally admitted, you will need to reapply for admission to the University in the next available semester.  If your application for admission was denied or your offer of provisional admission has been withdrawn, see Admission and Deadline Appeals.

Enrollment Checklist

  1. Send us your final, official transcripts as soon as your courses end and your grades and degree(s) are posted. Your final transcripts are used to verify that you have completed the course work you indicated as work-in-progress on any preliminary transcripts.  You can check for missing transcripts and other incomplete tasks in "My Checklist" in myNorthridge Portal.
    Have your transcripts sent directly to:

CSUN - Admissions & Records 
18111 Nordhoff Street 
Northridge, CA 91330-8207

Alternatively you may hand deliver transcripts in sealed, unopened envelopes to the Admissions & Records window at the Student Services Center, Bayramian Hall, 1st floor lobby (BH 100).

If you are sending us California community college transcripts, save time with eTranscript California.

  1. Before enrolling in classes, schedule an appointment for academic advisement with your graduate program coordinator:

Ask your graduate program coordinator if you need to take the English Writing Proficiency Examination (WPE).

  1. Watch for your registration appointment. It displays online in myNorthridge Portal under My Checklist. Look for any registration holds and clear them before registering. 
  2. Learn about self-service registration with the Registration Guide and Registration Calendar. Become familiar with myNorthridge Portal to pay tuition and other fees, check financial aid, view class and final exam schedule, check grades and more. Helpful: Self-Service How To Guides
  3. Learn about tuition and fees, payment methods and deadlines at University Cash Services and with the handy flyer Fee Payment Requirements & Options .(pdf).
  4. Apply for scholarships and/or financial aid. To be considered for aid in the coming academic year, complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online as soon after October 1 as possible. CSUN’s Federal School Code is 001153.
  5. Obtain your CSUN photo ID card (required). Pay online or in person; come in to have your photo taken and receive your card. Read more at Photo ID.
  6. Meet immunization requirements. If you were born on or after January 1, 1957, you must present proof of immunity to or immunization for measles and rubella during your first semester at CSUN. Immunity to or immunization for Hepatitis B is required for all entering students 18 or younger before you complete your second semester. These are not required for admission but are conditions of enrollment. Students enrolled in a California public middle or high school after July 1, 1999 will have satisfied these requirements. For detailed information, see Immunization Requirements.
  7. If you are a deaf or hard of hearing student, please contact CSUN's National Center on Deafness (NCOD) to complete the NCOD Supplemental Application for coordinated services.

We want to communicate with you! So please:

    • Check your CSUN email often for the latest information.
    • Take a moment to verify your paper mailing address in myNorthridge Portal. Learn how at Update Personal Information.

Best wishes for your first semester at Cal State Northridge.