You Should Know
Admission is provisional until all eligibility requirements and deadlines have been met, including enrollment and attendance in classes. If you do not enroll in classes and attend beyond the 20th day of instruction for the semester to which you were provisionally admitted, you will need to reapply for admission to the University in the next available semester. If your application for admission was denied or your offer of provisional admission has been withdrawn, see Admission and Deadline Appeals.
- Send us your final, official transcripts as soon as your courses end and your grades and degree(s) are posted. Your final transcripts are used to verify that you have completed the course work you indicated as work-in-progress on any preliminary transcripts. You can check for missing transcripts and other incomplete tasks in "My Checklist" in myNorthridge Portal.
Have your transcripts sent directly to:
CSUN - Admissions & Records
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8207
Alternatively you may hand deliver transcripts in sealed, unopened envelopes to the Admissions & Records window at the Student Services Center, Bayramian Hall, 1st floor lobby (BH 100).
- Before enrolling in classes, schedule an appointment for academic advisement with your graduate program coordinator:
Ask your graduate program coordinator if you need to take the English Writing Proficiency Examination (WPE).
- Watch for your registration appointment. It appears in the paper Registration Access Mailer and online in My Checklist. Look for any registration holds and clear them before registering.
- Learn about self-service registration with the Registration Guide and Registration Calendar. Become familiar with myNorthridge Portal to pay tuition and other fees, check financial aid status, view class and final exam schedule, check grades, print an unofficial transcript—and more. If you've moved, log in to update your mailing address. Read more at How To Guides for Students.
- Apply for scholarships and/or financial aid. To be considered for aid, complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online as soon after January 1 as possible. CSUN’s Federal School Code is 001153.
- Obtain your CSUN photo ID card (required). Pay online or in person; come in to have your photo taken and receive your card. Read more at Photo ID.
- Meet immunization requirements. If you were born on or after January 1, 1957, you must present proof of immunity to or immunization for measles and rubella during your first semester at CSUN. Immunity to or immunization for Hepatitis B is required for all entering students 18 or younger before you complete your second semester. These are not required for admission but are conditions of enrollment. Students enrolled in a California public middle or high school after July 1, 1999 will have satisfied these requirements. For detailed information, see Immunization Requirements.
Best wishes for your first semester at Cal State Northridge.