Application Filing Periods & Deadlines
To apply for admission to California State University, Northridge (CSUN), you'll need to know:
- Is the application filing period for your target degree and program open or closed?
Find out in the Admissions Calendar for your group listed below.
- Are you eligible for admission to your target degree and program?
Review instructions and requirements at Applicants.
Athletes, international students, and veterans and their dependents will find admissions information on these websites:
- Prospective NCAA Student Athletes: Complete the CSUMentor application and then contact the CSUN sports program at Go Matadors.
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Students: Review the admissions requirements and procedures at Applicants. Contact CSUN's National Center on Deafness (NCOD) for assistance and to apply for NCOD services.
- International (non-U.S. residents): See International Admissions at CSUN.
- Veterans and Dependents: See Veterans Admissions and contact the CSUN Office of Veterans Affairs.
Initial Filing Periods
The initial application filing period is the minimum time that applications for admission are considered. The initial filing periods for CSUN are:
- FALL semester admission: October 1 - November 30*
- SPRING semester admission: August 1-31*
*Graduate programs typically remain open for an extended time beyond the initial filing period. For details, select the “Graduate Student” row below.
TO CHECK APPLICATION FILING DEADLINES AND MORE,
SELECT YOUR STUDENT GROUP FROM THE LIST BELOW.