Application Filing Periods & Deadlines
To apply for admission to California State University, Northridge, you'll need to know:
- Is the application filing period for your target degree program open or closed?
Check the Admissions Calendar on this page for your group listed below.
- Are you eligible for admission to your target degree program?
Review requirements and instructions at Applicants.
If either of the special groups below describes you, review this page and visit the related website for additional admissions information:
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Students: Review the admissions requirements and procedures at Applicants. Also contact CSUN's National Center on Deafness (NCOD) for assistance and to apply for NCOD services.
- Domestic Students with International Transcripts
Initial Filing Periods
The initial application filing period is the minimum time that applications for admission are considered. The initial filing periods for CSUN are:
- FALL semester admission: October 1 - November 30* For Fall 2019 Applications: Extended to December 15
- SPRING semester admission: August 1-31*
*Graduate programs typically remain open for an extended time beyond the initial filing period. For details, select the “Graduate Student” row below.
TO CHECK APPLICATION FILING DEADLINES AND MORE,
SELECT YOUR STUDENT GROUP FROM THE LIST BELOW.