Domestic Applicants with International Transcripts

You are considered a domestic applicant with international transcripts if you:

  • Do not need a student visa (F-1 or J-1) to study in the U.S., and
  • Have completed some high school, college or university coursework at an accredited educational institution outside the United States, its territories or protectorates.

Eligibility Requirements

  1. Review the CSUN admissions criteria and application steps for your class level:
  2. Send us all official academic records for secondary and post-secondary coursework taken outside the U.S. This includes certificates, degrees or diplomas in the original language of issue. Do not fax academic records.
  3. Send us official English translations of all academic records including certificates, degrees or diplomas. Do not fax translations.
  4. Have official transcripts for course work taken in the U.S. sent directly from the U.S. institution(s) to CSUN.
    • For electronic transcripts from a California community college, use eTranscript California. Note: Please do not send us identical, duplicate paper and electronic transcripts!
    • For electronic transcripts from other U.S. schools, choose “CSU Northridge” as the recipient.
    • Paper transcripts from U.S. schools must be received in sealed, unopened envelopes. Ask your previous schools to send your official transcripts directly to us.
  5. Send official paper domestic and international transcripts and translations to:
    California State University, Northridge
    Attention: International Admissions
    18111 Nordhoff Street
    Northridge, CA 91330-8207
  6. You may be required to meet the English language proficiency requirement. If so, you will take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or other acceptable exam. Find the required minimum scores by selecting your class level from the How to Apply – International Students page. Please note that some graduate programs require a higher score for admission than the university minimum. Graduate applicants, please check with the individual graduate program or credential program.
  7. Please review the Pre-Admission Disclosure for Academic Programs Leading to Licensure and Credentialing.

Best wishes for your higher education goals!

Scroll back to the top of the page