Committee Charge and Structure
The Council of Chairs is an important constituency for academic planning and implementation at the university. It serves as an advisory group to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs and helps to shape academic planning and implementation at the university. The Council also serves as a forum for information sharing and input on innovations and change that relate to the quality of academic programs and initiatives at the university, as well as a platform for discussion of issues that fall within the responsibilities of department chairs. The Council is a member of the University Planning and Budget Group chaired by the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs and the University Calendar Planning Committee chaired by the Associate Vice President for Faculty Affairs, and participates in official functions of the university to which it is invited.
The Council of Chairs consists of all of the university's department chairs. An Executive Committee made up of one representative from each College, Tseng College and University Library serves the Council. The Executive Committee elects the Chair of the Council of Chairs from the committee.
Council of Chairs Members:
- Mike Curb College of Arts, Media, and Communications - John Roscigno
- David Nazarian College of Business and Economics (chair) - Deborah Heisley
- Michael D. Eisner College of Education - Gregory Knotts
- College of Engineering and Computer Science - Hamid Johari
- College of Health and Human Development - Patricia Seymour
- College of Humanities - TBA
- College of Science and Mathematics - Richard Heermance
- College of Social and Behavioral Sciences - Vickie Jensen
- Tseng College: Graduate, International and Midcareer Education - Jonathan Clayden
- University Library - Christopher Bulock