I. Create a New Slide Show
· Open PowerPoint. If a box appears labelled New Slide, click the picture of the blank slide in the lower right hand corner and click OK. (Otherwise, click on File and New Presentation to bring up the New Slide box.)
· Click on View and then Normal if necessary.
· Add more slides by clicking on Insert, and then New Slide. Create as many slides as you think you’ll need.
· Click on File and then Save as…. or if you want to put your slides on the web, you will be saving this under the command, Save as a Webpage or in some versions, Save as HTML.
· Under View, click on Toolbars and Formatting. Also open any other toolbars you think you might like.
· Under Format, click on Apply Design. Preview the possibilities and if you like one, click on Apply to All Slides and Apply.
· Text On your blank slide or slide with an art design, begin to add objects. Under Insert, click on Text Box. Click on the slide and then drag your cursor to the lower right to form a text box. Click inside and type a heading. Change font, size, placement, etc from the Formatting bar.
Add a second text box for the body of your slide. A bulleted list of information is popular, because dense paragraphs are difficult to read on a slide presentation. So don’t overload your text. Always consider the overall visual appeal of each slide, which is as important as text in PowerPoint.
· Picture Under Insert, click on Picture, slide to the right and click on From File… Search your local computer for a .jpeg file or image file. Click on it’s file name and click on Insert. You can resize the image by dragging it’s corner.
· Chart Under Insert, click on Chart. The mini-program, MS Organization Chart will appear and you can create a flow chart. Click on View and then Datasheet to add data. Choose Chart and then Chart Type for a style of graph. Click on Chart and Chart Options to add the title, legends, and axis labels. Click on File and then Return to your Presentation to add the chart to the PowerPoint slide.
· Organization Chart Under Insert, click on Picture and then Organization Chart. The mini-program, Microsoft Graph will appear and you can create a chart. When finished, click on File and then Quit and Return to your Presentation to add the chart to the PowerPoint slide.
· Word Art Under Insert, click on Picture and then Word Art. Click on the square of a style you like and click OK. Type in your text and click OK. Your word art will be added to your slide.
· Slide Transitions Under Slide Show, click on Slide Transitions. Choose a transition in the Effect area and a sound in the Sound area. Click on Apply to All (your slides) or Apply (to just this one slide).
· Custom Animation Under Slide Show, then Animations and then click on Custom. Choose something to animate and then the effect or type of animation.
· Click on your first slide. Click on View and then Slide Show to view your complete show. Advance each slide by clicking the mouse, unless you set up an automatic advance feature. Commands are in the lower left hand corner.