Monday - Friday
8:00AM - 5:00PM
What is open enrollment?
TUC allows employees to change their medical, dental and vision coverage during open enrollment. Employees may enroll, change plans, or make changes to their own or family coverage.
During open enrollment period you may:
- Enroll or delete coverage to any of the benefits.
- Re-enroll in the flexible spending plan
- Change from one health carrier to another health carrier.
- Change your Participating Medical Group (PMG)
- Add or delete dependents including domestic partners (with confirming documents)**
**Please note that additional documentation is needed to enroll dependents and is subject to carrier restrictions.
When is Open Enrollment?
September 10, 2012 to October 5, 2012
ALL FORMS are due in The University Corporation office by 5 pm - FRIDAY OCTOBER 5, 2012
What if I miss the deadline?
If you miss the deadline, you will need to wait until next fall to change your coverage unless you have a qualifying event (such as a birth, marriage or divorce) that may allow you to change out of the open enrollment period.
Am I eligible for benefits?
If you are unsure if you are eligible for benefits, you can contact TUC Human Resources.
What if I will not be making any changes to my benefits plans for 2013?
- Currently enrolled in our flexible spending plan-- You will need to re-enroll to continue with this benefit.
- Not enrolled or plan to be enrolled in the flexible spending plan--- No action needs to be taken if you are not making any changes to your plans.
CalPERS (medical) Changes for 2013 **
We should have the 2013 rates by late October. If there is a change in the rates from last year we would expect it to be minimal. You can look at 2012 rates to compare.
No changes to the plan from 2012.