We are integral to the accomplishment of the University's mission and is guided by the following beliefs:
- Development of the whole student is central to our purpose.
- Each student admitted to the university arrives with the potential to succeed.
- Each student deserves equal opportunity and respect.
- Diversity enhances the quality of the educational experience.
- An environment of civility promotes student learning and respect for all people.
- Individual rights must be balanced with individual responsibility.
- The co-curriculum intentionally combined with the curriculum contributed to individual transformation and social change.
- The collective good must be balanced with individual needs.
- We help students overcome barriers to their success.
- Our interactions with students should positively impact their learning.
- Each member of our learning community is a student, a learner and a role model.
- Conflict and controversy can be tools for student learning.
- Ultimately, everyone is responsible for his/her own learning.