CSUN Wind Ensemble & Wind Symphony
Concert Band Auditions for the 201415 Year
(updated: July 29, 2014)
Auditions for the CSUN Wind Ensemble and Wind Symphony:
August 20, 21, and 22
- Auditions for each instrument will take place on a specific date and time.
- The audition music (excerpts) for each instrument is posted below. Click on the name of your instrument to download the audition music. Bring your own copy of the music to your audition.
- Sign-up for an audition time on the list that will be posted outside Dr. Stoffels office door, Cypress Hall 210. The sign-up list will be posted on Monday, August 18th.
- Flute Wednesday, August 20th, 9:0011:45 AM
- Oboe Friday, August 22nd, 1:002:05 PM
- Bassoon Friday, August 22nd, 1:002:05 PM
- Clarinet Wednesday, August 20th, 12:302:25 PM
- Saxophone Wednesday, August 20th, 3:004:45 PM
- Trumpet Friday, August 22nd, 9:0010:25 AM
- French Horn Friday, August 22nd, 2:303:35 PM
- Trombone Thursday, August 21st, 9:0010:30 AM
- Bass Trombone Thursday, August 21st, 9:0010:30 AM
- Euphonium Friday, August 22nd, 11:00 AM12:20 PM
- Tuba Friday, August 22nd, 11:00 AM12:20 PM
- String Bass Friday, August 22nd, 11:00 AM12:20 PM
- Percussion Note special date: Saturday, August 23rd, 11:00 AM1:00 PM, Cypress Hall 159.
See "Percussion Auditions" information below for details.
• Auditions for Wind Instruments & String Bass
- Prepared Audition Excerpts
It is critically important to familiarize yourself with the band works from which the excerpts are taken. Listen to multiple recordings of the works to help understand tempo possibilities, style, and context from which the excerpts come. Use YouTube as a valuable resource for recordings.
The audition will include some sight-reading. In addition to accurate note-reading, successful sight-reading should demonstrate musical phrasing, style, and expression.
• Auditions for Percussion
- The audition for percussionists will be administered by the percussion studio faculty. Contact Dr. John Roscigno for the audition information and music.