Welcome to the ACT-R Program!
Are you interested in making a difference?
Watch Our Video
Why Join the ACT-R Special Education Program?
- Complete a combined credential/MA program in 24 months
- Learn with a cohort of talented and highly capable colleagues
- Receive initial and ongoing support from university faculty and district personnel
- Work alongside an exemplary special education teacher
- Gain expertise in serving English learners with special needs
- Improve the education of students in low-performing schools
Eligibility Requirements for ACT-R Participants
- Committed to serving students with disabilities in high-needs schools
- Available for full-time study (fieldwork during the day and late afternoon/evening classes)
- Evidence of experience with diverse students and a strong academic record
- Meets admission requirements for CSUN credential and master's degree programs
- Has not previously served as a teacher of record
- Must be a US citizen or resident
- Teach in a special education position in a LAUSD high-need school for three years
ACT-R is accepting applications from January 21, 2014-May 19, 2014.