This information applies to pages in the CSUN template system.Windows-press ALT + an access key. Macintosh-press CTRL + an access key.
Elizabeth Riegos - Director, CSM SSC/EOP Satellite
Amina V. Gonzalez - SHP-PEP Program Coordinator
O'Mari Lockhart - SHP-PEP Coordinator of Career Services
Blanca Valle - SHP-PEP Student Assistant
Harmanpreet Panesar - SHP-PEP Student Assistant
|SHP-PEP is a student-centered program which provides counseling, guest speakers, and academic survival skill classes specifically tailored to the needs of the pre-health professional student. Students participate in an intensive week long live-in summer enrichment program (SHP-PEP Week) designed to familiarize them with the college atmosphere by providing free residence in college dorms, workshops on various topics and team building activities to foster a strong community of friendship and support. The week culminates with a group research project competition presented by the student participants to the program committee.|
Whether you are interested in Nursing, Physical Therapy, Osteopathy, Pharmacy, Veterinary Medicine, Dentistry, Optometry, Medicine, Psychiatry, Health Advocacy, etc., SHP-PEP is geared towards enhancing the likelihood that you will persevere in your health professional career pathway.
The Student Health Professionals Pre-Entry Program (SHP-PEP) is designed to assist pre-health professional students like you early in their careers by providing:
• The opportunity to increase your chances of getting into the health professions school of your choice.
• A community of support made up of staff and fellow students who share similar goals and interests.
• Facilitated Study Sessions to help maximize your academic success.
• Be from a disadvantaged background.
• Transfer students must be available for summer SHP-PEP Week from July 1 to August 15, 2009.
• Be a committed participant for the duration of your undergraduate career.
• SHP-PEP Freshman Application 2013.
• Application deadline is Friday, May 17, 2013.
• Finalists will be granted an interview. A telephone interview will be arranged for applicants who live more than 50 miles away.
If you have any questions, please call us and ask to speak with a SHP-PEP Representative: (818) 677-4558