THANK YOU all who came out and supported this years Iron matador. We had a wonderful turn out and a Beyond fierce competition!! The scores for first and second place were by far the narrowest margins we’ve ever had in iron matador history!
- Iron Matador is SDFSA’s annual cook off event. This year it’s during National Nutrition Month !!!4 Teams of 3 people, 3 rounds [Appetizer, Entree, and DessertMyPlate.gov standards (Each round, teams must only use 10 items)And Don’t forget the SECRET ingredient!When: Saturday March 29 from 10am to 2pm
Location: Sequoia Hall 112.
- ***Team sign ups are CLOSED. Thank you all and please try again next year! Do come support and have fun with us still. The food won’t eat itself!
- More Details:
- There are four kitchens that have stoves, ovens, pots, pans and whatever you might need.
- To further clarify: appetizer will include 10 ingredients, entree will include 10 ingredients, dessert will include ingredients. Also, each plate will include the three macronutrients: carbohydrates, protein, fat.
- Teams do have to buy their own ingredients (Associated Students has given us some funds. Each team will have $30 to $50 to spend on their items). We will be providing some things like oil, salt and pepper. You may also bring some things that you already may have at home.
Check out the iron matador video from the 2013 winners!