Taping and Uploading the Teaching Event Video Clips
Your task, part of the Teaching Event assessment, is to videotape one or two segments of classroom instruction that portray features of your teaching you have chosen to analyze. These two pages outline the procedures for obtaining permissions, preparing and practicing the taping, shooting the tape/DVD, and uploading the clips to TaskStream.
- PACT Video Support 2012 - Help, seminars, supports, cameras, information...
- The ideal arrangement is to check out a digital camcorder and tripod from the Elementary or Secondary Education Department,. Use a computer to make each clip size below 100 megabytes, and upload the clips to TaskStream.
- Sound Quality - Make certain the sound quality is good. A lavalier microphone insures that your voice will be heard clearly. Remember that a microphone attached to a camera in the back of the room may amplify background sounds relative to your voice.
- Lighting - Make certain that your room is well lit and that the video is easy to see.
- Format - Use the largest size with the best resolution allowed within the storage limits.
- Videos from cell phone cameras WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- You will be cropping uninterrupted video clips ONLY at their beginning and end; no other kinds of editing—including titles or special effects—will be permitted.