An Inconvenient Truth is a film that presents an argument. This argument is:
- that human use of resources is releasing increasing amounts of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere,
- which is leading to increased temperatures,
- which are in turn changing our environment in ways that are and will increasingly continue to be harmful to the earth and its people.
- It is both governments’ and individual people’s responsibility to improve the situation by their actions. This is both a political and a moral imperative.
An Inconvenient Truth finishes with this statement:
- Future generations may well have occasion to ask themselves: ‘What were our parents thinking? Why didn’t they wake up when they had a chance?’ We have to hear that question, from them, now.’
After you have viewed the film, please write a 750 word analysis in response to the following questions. Use specific references from the film, An Inconvenient Truth to prove your points!
- 1. Do you agree that human activity is creating greenhouse gases that are contributing to global warming that may create harmful effects in the world?
- 2. If not, demonstrate/provide evidence that human activity is not having this effect.
- 3. Do you believe that you have a personal responsibility to act in a way that reduces personal greenhouse gas emissions?
- 4. Do you agree with Gore’s statement above?
- 5. How would you answer the question?