Nuclear Monomyth According To Joseph Campbell
Separation: Venturing from common day world into region of supernatural wonder.
Penetration: To some source of power where a decisive victory is won.
Return: Coming back with power to bestow boons on fellow man.
12 Story Steps To The Myth
(1) Ordinary World - Something is missing in this world. It’s the hero or hera’s present, everyday situation. It’s described in order to create a contrast. A question is raised.
(2) Call To Adventure - information is put into the hero or hera’s system, often brought by a messenger.
(3) Reluctant Hero or Hera
(4) Wise Old Person (most optional of steps) - Maybe gives message to trust the path.
(5) Special World - Hero gets very committed by his will – or not.
(6) Tests, Allies & Enemies - Enmities and alliances are formed. What are the conditions to the quest? How will the hero react?
(7) Innermost Cave - Holds what the hero wants.
(8) Supreme Ordeal (at ¾ point in 2nd Act) - Hero surviving/transcending “death.”
(9) Seizing The Sword - Taking possession. Enjoying the spoils. But maybe something else chases the hero. Often a missing piece is introduced.
(10) The Road Back
(11) Resurrection - Another hero’s test. Final proof – better if visual.
(12) Return with Elixir - To share with everyone.