Final Design Phase:
It must be uploaded to basecamp.
Look at SWOTs
Lecture about Brand Project: Challenge #3 A Brand
Talk about Logo types:
Watch these Videos that show logos
Logo Designs - Vol 1
Best Logo Designs - Vol 2
good (effective) design
bad (ineffective) design
A brand Image:
A brand is not a logo. But a logo is the visual marker of a brand.
Color in Brands
Mobile Apps or Responsive websites for mobile viewing:
Best mobile app icons
10 websites for App icons
How will your logo look on a mobile app?
how will it look on a smart phone or tablet?
Read about Design Audits:
Begin to gather all your visual material to audit the competitors' brands
- Logo research
- App research
- Icons for social media
- Typeface research
- Graphics and color research
- Websites, posters, social media, all visual communication
- take pictures, go out in the field, do not rely on what is online only.
Read the chapter 7 from a great book about Logos. (the link is below)
Logo Design Love by David Airey
Begin to create 10-15 logo ideas for your product
1. Watch all videos and read all websites
2. Begin to develop a brand image starting with the Logo/ identity
- Develop a series of idenitity marks that will work with your brand image.
- Show several really strong ideas
- Think about if this will be a wordmark, logo mark, letter mark, or combination mark.
- Think about if it will be seen on packaging or on a website or mobil device.
- Will you have a app icon as well as a logo? Look at your research.
Work on sketches in your sketchbook, (use tracing paper and the computer to generate ideas)
All sketch ideas should be clean and refined. All typefaces should fit the product and brand as well as work against the competitors. Links to samples of hand done ideas: 01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06
I do not want rough sketches that do not show type treatment.
This is what I want to see:
Here are examples of high quality (A grade) presentation of logo/ identity ideas: 01 | 02 | 03
- What typeface fits best within your competitors?
- Will you need to have the logo on a mobile device or for social media?
- How the brand mark look on your product?
- Is the mark adaptable?
- Are the colors working with what your target audience would like?
- Is easily identifiable?
- Can it work without words?
- Does it require letters in the stand alone mark?