Graduate and professional schools
- Philosophy majors outperform all other majors on the GRE Verbal.
- Philosophy majors outperform all other majors except one on the LSAT.
- Philosophy majors outperform all humanities majors on the GRE Quantitative.
- Philosophy majors outperform all other majors on the GRE Analytic Writing.
- Philosophy majors outperform all business majors on the GMAT.
- Philosophy majors have the third highest acceptance rate to medical school.
- If you want to succeed in business, don't get an M.B.A. Study philosophy instead. "The Management Myth," The Atlantic Monthly, June 2006.
- "I Think Therefore I Earn," Guardian (UK), November 19, 2007
- "Top Students Commit to Using Their Knowledge" USA Today, February 11, 2004
- "To Beat the Market Hire a Philosopher" MUTUAL FUNDS REPORT, New York Times, January 10, 1999.
- For all the jokes about them, philosophy majors appear to do remarkably well. "Philosophers Find the Degree Pays Off in Life and in Work" New York Times, December 26, 1997.
- Once hired, philosophy majors advance more rapidly than their colleagues who possess only business degrees,
"How to Get to the Top: Study Philosophy," Thomas Hurka. 1990.
- The Head of Technical Analysis and Strategy at Barkclay's Bank explains why philosophy is helpful.