PSI CHI Membership Requirements
- Completion of at least 3 semesters or 5 quarters of the college course.
- Completion of 9 semester hours or 14 quarter hours of psychology.
- Registration for major or minor standing in psychology or for a program
psychological in nature which is equivalent to such standings.
- Undergraduates who are elected to PSI CHI must have an overall cumulative
GPA of 3.00 and rank in the upper 35% of their class in general scholarship.
They must also demonstrate superior scholarship in psychology, earning
a minimum GPA in psychology courses of 3.00. PSI CHI accepts the policy
of the institution regarding grades.
- For graduates students, an average grade of "B" or better
in all graduate courses, including psychology.
- High standards of personal behavior.
- Two-thirds affirmative vote of those present at a regular meeting of
- A minimum of 45 semester units (or equivalent) of college work must
be completed, with at least 12 of these units in psychology.
- You will be required to commit 12 hours of service assisting in our
chapter activities program before you are regularly inducted into the chapter.
Please refer to page 6 on "Ways to Complete Hours".
- A One-time fee of $50.00 entitles you to a lifetime membership in PSI
CHI after you have been initiated. $25.00 of this fee goes to the national
headquarters. $16.00 of this fee goes to the California State Northridge
Chapter of PSI CHI. $9.00 goes for the Honor Cord, which is presented at
the initiation ceremony.
(Gold-colored PSI CHI medallions are also available for purchase at our
office for only $13.00.)
The above national membership requirements are derived from
the current PSI CHI Constitution and Bylaws, revised January 1994. Additionally,
any chapter may establish minimum scholastic requirements that are higher
than the national minimum qualifications; however, service or attendance
requirements should not be added to membership eligibility standards.
Return to PSI CHI