Psi Chi Activities & Events
- Psi Chi members participate in several fundraising activities such
as bake sales, television program viewing, and recruitment. Bake sales
usually take palce once per semester for approximately a week.
- Psi Chi members organize and conduct the Feast of Nations.
- Psi Chi chapter at CSUN supports Adopt A Shelter program which
was originally launced by the National Chapter of Psi Chi. Psi Chi officers
at CSUN are committed to holding food and goods drive on an ongoing basis
for the Tamar House, a center for battered women and their children, in
their effort to have one of the most successful Adopt A Shelter programs in Psi Chi history.
Every semester Psi Chi members at CSUN hold a yard sale and forward the
proceeds to the Tamar House.
- Psi Chi chapter at CSUN coordinates and supports the research
competition at the psychology department which takes place once per semester.
- Psi Chi chapter at CSUN also provides scholarships to those students
who will be presenting at WPA (Western Psychological Association),
other conventions, or participating in competition.
- Many of the Psi Chi officers and members at CSUN volunteer at the HelpLine
which is CSUN's crisis help center for all CSUN students.
- All Psi Chi officers at CSUN hold office hours each week for counseling
and advising students.
- Psi Chi officers at CSUN are also involved in organizing and conducting
the initiation ceremony, a semi-formal candlelight event,
to induct the new initiates each semester.
- Elections of new officers are held in the month of April each year.
New officers take the oath during the Spring's initiation ceremony and
commence their term in office starting in the fall semester. Officers must
commit to a full year of service. They are trained by the old executive
board during the summer. For application and deadline information, please
call (818)677-2958 or email the
Return to PSI CHI