Evidence based practice resources
- Marcia Henry webapge for nursing students
- EBP presentation online: Dr. D.Rutledge, PhD, RN
- St. Joseph of Orange Nursing EBP Blogspot
- Cochrane Collaboration **
- Online Journal of Clinical Innovations
- Joanna Briggs Institute Best Practices
- National Guidelines Clearinghouse
- Evidence based nursing - monthly free article
**log in thru Oviatt to get full resources
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
1. Define basic research terms and concepts.
2. Identify the rationale for participation in nursing research.
3. Discuss history, purpose, principles, and process of nursing research.
4. Cite methods by which the nurse can protect the rights of human subjects.
5. Review selected nursing and health-related research studies.
6. Use research findings to address nursing practice problems.
See BSN student handbook, CSUN catalog, & course syllabus for definitions, descriptions, and penalties. Students are reminded that cheating and unethical behavior shows disrespect for others and self.
CSUN is actively revamping its Web presence to make the content universally accessible.
- NURS 310 Principles of Nursing Research
- Live lecture-discussion 3 semester unit class with exams & written assignments.
NHMC/CSUN Collaborative EBP Day 4/2012
Historical philosophical and ethical aspects of nursing research and relationship to nursing science, theory, and practice. Includes principles and methods of research for use in professional role, leadership, and development of nursing systems. Knowledge of the research process is developed and applied to critique of research studies, process of research proposal development and application of research findings to practice. Regular written assignments are required.
Basic statistics (Math140 or equivalent) & Admission to the nursing program or permission of instructor