This information applies to pages in the CSUN template system.Windows-press ALT + an access key. Macintosh-press CTRL + an access key.
Department of Biology
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8303
B.A. Biology, California State University, Northridge , 1987
M.S. Biology, California State University, Northridge, 1991
Thesis: Abundance, Distribution, Age, and Growth of Young-of-the-Year White Seabass in the Southern California Bight, 1988 and 1989.
Ph.D. University of California, Santa Barbara (Biology/Marine Ecology), 1997
Dissertation: An investigation into the population structure of white seabass (Atractoscion nobilis) in California and Mexican waters using microsatellite DNA analysis.
- Recruitment dynamics and management of the white seabass, croakers, pipefishes, and sea basses, and other local sport and commercial fishes.
- The development, systematics, population, and subpopulation structure of the white seabass, giant sea bass, yellowtail, and others, along the coast of southern California and Mexico.
- The application of current recombinant DNA technology (RFLP and microsatellite DNA analysis) to marine fisheries science.
- General fisheries biology and ecology.
- Analysis of central California salmonid population dynamics using molecular techniques.
- The ecology of the nearshore marine fishes of the Gulf of California.
- Human impacts and affects on nearshore marine fish populations.
- Establishing or contributing to a center for molecular based population studies.
2005 An Investigation of the effects of dietary supplemented L-arginine on the growth of hatchery reared juvenile white seabass (Atractoscion nobilis). California Fish and Game, 91(1), with Eric F. Miller.
2000 The Biology of Sport and Recreational Fisheries of Catalina Island. Wrigley Institute for Environmental Studies, University of Southern California.
1988 Distribution and abundance of young-of-the-year white seabass, Atractoscion nobilis, in the vicinity of Long Beach Harbor, California in 1984-1987. California Fish and Game, 74(4)245-248 (with Larry G. Allen)
1992 The abundance, distribution, and settlement of young-of-the-year white seabass, Atractoscion nobilis, in the southern California Bight, 1988 and 1989.(with Larry G. Allen). Fishery Bulletin U.S. 1993, Vol. 90 (4), 633-641 (with Larry G. Allen).