Master Teachers Program
Understanding and Organizing Subject Matter Knowledge for Student Learning
- Demonstrates knowledge of subject matter content and student development.
- Organizes curriculum to support student understanding of subject matter.
- Interrelates ideas and information within and across subject matter areas.
- Develops understanding through instructional strategies that are appropriate to the subject, and the students, including English learners.
- Uses materials, resources, and technologies to make subject matter accessible.
- Adapts/modifies subject matter to meet students’ individual needs.