Master Teachers Program
Creating and Maintaining An Effective Environment for Students
- Creates a physical and instructional environment that is engaging and reflects the cultural and linguistic diversity of all students.
- Establishes a climate that promotes fairness and respect.
- Promotes social development and responsibility.
- Establishes and maintains standards for student behavior.
- Plans and implements classroom procedures and routines that support student learning.
- Uses instructional time effectively.
- Directs activities of classroom paraprofessionals, aides, volunteers, peer tutors.
- Utilizes positive behavior support techniques.
- Encourages interactions with typical peers across instructional settings.