Because I was the one who dropped the weight attached to the bone onto the other bone with the meniscus, the consistency might not have been as great. The way I could have improved the consistency would be to attach a force probe to the bone to record the exact impact force. The controlled meniscus could have undergone more stress than the stress of the freeze-dried meniscus because the intervals could have been more intense. Although I did not have a force probe to record the results, I did make sure that each time I dropped the weighted bone from the same height. Therefore, I allowed the weight of the bone to impact the meniscus, so the results were pretty accurate. I could have not let the freeze-dried meniscus have enough time to thaw out before I tested it. If I had done this the freeze-dried meniscus could have been harder than the controlled meniscus because it was frozen.