- Week 6:
- The midterm review session will be held on Monday Feb. 11 from 5.30 to
6.30 at MS6627.
- New office hours:
- Wednesday 1 to 2 at MS3974 (Student Math Center)
- Wednesday 3 to 4 at MS2925 (Math 135B)
- Thrusday 12 to 1 at MS6627 (Math 151B)
- Week 4:
- I will be out of town from Jan. 25 to Feb. 5 (both included). My office
hours for Monday 1/28 and Wednesday 1/30 are cancelled (I will schedule extra
office hours the following week). Mark Moelich will hold the discussion
session at the regular time and location.
Solutions (in .ps format) and Hints for Selected Homework Problems (under
- Week 10: GOOD LUCK IN YOUR FINAL!
- Solutions to Sample Final (click in the page number): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12.
- Solutions to midterm (click in the page number): 1, 2.
- Week 9:
- Homework #7 Computational Problem CORRECTED!. Following, are some
the solution of problem 6 in section 8.1. Although you are not supposed to
solve this problem using matlab, problem 5 (the one you are supposed to solve
using matlab) is very similar, so this should help you.
- Week 8:
- Homework #6 Computational Problem.
- plot of the solution to computational problem
# 2 with N=20.
- Week 7:
- Homework #5 Computational Problem. Your code for the midpoint
method for a scalar equation should work with minor modifications.
back to my main page.