IT for Faculty
The Academic Technology Department provides a wide range of applications and services to support the teaching and learning mission in the classroom and online. The Faculty Technology Center is where you will find this support. For more information, visit the Academic Technology homepage.
Check out our new blog which showcases innovative ways in which students, faculty and staff are using technology to accomplish the teaching and learning mission of the university. Join us to discuss technology innovation at CSUN.
The Faculty Technology Center is offering help to faculty who wish to author their own digital teaching materials. E-texts can include: interactive class reading materials, videos, and quizzes. To provide cost savings to a larger number of students, funding is available for large enrollment classes.
Many e-text tools are available; the Faculty Technology Center staff can assist faculty in selecting the best tool for their classes. For questions or for more information, contact the Faculty Technology Center.
The following new features are now available in Moodle:
- Enhanced My Courses listing
- Improved GradeBook Integration with Lecture Capture
- Student Attendance Activity
- Student Peer-Review Activity
For questions or for more information, contact the Faculty Technology Center.
- New Faculty Center (video)
- New Faculty Wait List Feature (video)
- TEWS – Faculty View (video)
- Faculty Center – Class Rosters, Emailing Students, Permission Numbers
- Faculty Center – Incomplete Contract
- Faculty Center – Recording Grades
- Managing Service Indicators
- Student Inquiry/Advisement Applicant Option
- TEWS – Faculty
- Wait List for Closed Classes Brief Sheet
- Withdrawal & Repeat Summaries (Faculty)