Theme 2: Faculty and Staff Support for University Success
- Learning through faculty and student research; developing the scholar/practitioner
- Support for teaching excellence and innovation
- Recruitment, retention and on-going education for a diverse faculty and staff
- Generating external resources in support of faculty, student and staff development
Research Questions: We start with a general question that is easy to formulate, although exceptionally difficult to answer: How do we reliably and with validity measure the effect of our academic programs—the professors, curriculum and culture—on learners?
- What impact does a research experience have on a student's engagement in learning? Assuming that the experience has positive impact, is it feasible to expand opportunities to more students? How can we attract resources to sustain these efforts?
- How will the new Ed.D. program impact other programs?
- To what degree will the Faculty Research Fellows program affect faculty perceptions of the University’s support for their research activities?
- Do activities through CIELO have a sustained impact?
- How do staff contribute in traditional and non-traditional ways to University success? How do we recognize and reward staff accomplishments?
- Has collaboration between ExL and other units produced viable distance education programs?
- How does CSUN support the use of technology as it contributes to faculty, staff and student success?
- How does the Library facilitate faculty and student research and success?
Finally, we will ask two key questions for each of these areas:
- What evidence do we have of support and impact?
- How are such programs scaleable and sustainable?