- Printer Friendly Version
- How Do I Know What Instructors Expect?
- How Can I Make The Best Use Of Class Time?
- Where Are The Best Places To Study?
- Why Do Assigned Readings Before Class?
- Should I Always Take Notes During Class?
- Is There A Study Group For Me?
- Why Should I Go to Office Hours If I Understand the Material?
- Is A Planner Absolutely Necessary?
- How Can I Avoid End-Of-Term Crises?
- Do I Need To Take A Break?
Learning Resource Center
Bayramian Hall 408
The mission of the Learning Resource Center (LRC) is to enable students to improve their academic performance through a variety of learning programs including workshops, one-on-one and group tutoring, supplemental instruction classes and interactive subject area computer programs and videos.
CSUN students who use LRC learning programs will develop and strengthen their:
The Center provides supplemental instruction in specific courses and more general help in writing and mathematics courses.
University Counseling Services (UCS)
Bayramian Hall 520
UCS is committed to providing resources and information that can assist you in dealing with a variety of large and small psychological obstacles that may be interfering with your academic progress and/or relationship satisfaction.
UCS offers free workshops and groups called ExCEL (Experience Confidence and Enjoyment of Learning). ExCEL programs are designed to help students to increase their motivation to study and deal with issues such as procrastination and low academic confidence. More information can be found at: http://www.csun.edu/counseling/excel/
UCS also provides training opportunities for students interested in becoming peer educators.