- Printer Friendly Version
- How Do I Know What Instructors Expect?
- How Can I Make The Best Use Of Class Time?
- Where Are The Best Places To Study?
- Why Do Assigned Readings Before Class?
- Should I Always Take Notes During Class?
- Is There A Study Group For Me?
- Why Should I Go to Office Hours If I Understand the Material?
- Is A Planner Absolutely Necessary?
- How Can I Avoid End-Of-Term Crises?
- Do I Need To Take A Break?
Is A Planner Absolutely Necessary?
Academic planners can be helpful in organizing your studying and keeping track of exams and when term papers are due. As one of the interviewed students noted, "Actually yeah, one thing I do is I have a little agenda and I'll write down everything I have to do. And then I'll cross it off, which, I don’t know, I like to see the visual of getting it done---and crossing it off. And then the list gets smaller and then you know you've done enough." Another student noted, "I go by a list ….I write things down that need to be done, the due dates. I highlight what needs to be done at what time."
Such planners do not have to be complex but developing this sort of integrated outline at the beginning of the semester can help you minimize all-nighters. Nothing has to be elaborate—whatever works for you in keeping track of due dates is great. But, if you want an official planner, the Matador Bookstore has calendar/planners designed just for CSUN students.Next Strategy ->