Anticipated Part-Time Faculty Openings [Click here for more information]
- MUSIC EDUCATION
- MUSIC IN GENERAL EDUCATION
- MUSIC IN GENERAL EDUCATION (WORLD MUSIC)
- MUSIC HISTORY
- MUSIC THEORY TRADITIONAL
- INSTRUMENTAL / VOCAL ENSEMBLE
- CLASS PIANO
- APPLIED MUSIC LESSONS
- MUSIC TECHNOLOGY
- MUSIC INDUSTRY
- MEDIA COMPOSITION
Part-Time Staff Pianists
We are seeking qualified collaborative pianists to work with our voice and instrumental faculty/students.
Under general supervision of the Music Department Chair, the part-time staff pianist serves on an on-call basis, rehearsing with vocal and instrumental students prior to their lessons/juries/performances, accompanying students during lessons/studio classes, and performing in recitals.
Equivalent to special training or coursework that would facilitate collaborating, coaching, accompanying, and improvising accompaniment when necessary. Experience which has led to a thorough familiarity with accompanying vocal/instrumental students, and small/large ensembles. Knowledge, Specialized Skills, and Abilities: Artistry, knowledge, and mastery in one or more of the following: string and wind repertoire; operatic and art song repertoire.
Anticipated hiring range: $18.06 - $20.00 per hour , dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Temporary-renewable; end date to be determined.
HOURS: Intermittent; on-call; hours and schedule varies.
Directions on how to apply:
1) Go to : http://www-admn.csun.edu/ohrs/employment/
2) In the middle pane, click on New and Returning Job Seekers (External Applicants)
3) In the left pane, click on View Job Openings
4) In the Currently Viewing All Open Job Postings Pane, click on Job Title to sort the list alphabetically
5) Find Accompanist (continuous) : Job ID: 2850 and click for details.