- Julia Aks Julia Aks was chosen for the position of Apprentice Director at the Vancouver International Song Institute.
- Nichole Bouffard participated in OperaWorks Emerging Artist Program.
- Rijel Glasebrook sang Third Lady in Mozart’s The Magic Flute at the Tuscia Opera Fesitval, Italy.
- Katelyn Neuman sang the role of Cherubino in Mozart’s Le Nozze di Figaro in Salzburg.
- Jenny Ohrstrom participated in the program Classical Singing in New York in June.
- Marco Rodriguez appeared at the International Mariachi Festival in Guadalajara,Mexico.
- Three of our students appeared in Suor Angelica at the Tuscia Opera Festival in Italy:
Jenina Gallaway, Angelica
Amanda Kadlubeck, Genovieffa
Nicole Bouffard, Suor Dolcina
- Harmony Ji sang the Exultate Jubilate with the festival Orchestra.
- Julia Aks appeared as Mercedes in Carmen at Opera in the Ozarks. She also performed as Helena in the Independent Shakespeare Companiy’s production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream in Griffith Park, Los Angeles
- Jayme Alilaw is singing and working in Atlanta. She holds several teaching positions and is under contract with the Atlanta Opera chorus.
- Julie Bermel recently returned to Los Angeles after receiving her Masters degree from the Boston Conservatory of Music. Last May she appeared in a production of The Mikado.
- Charlie Kim is performing the following functions at the University of North Texas: Opera department repetiteur, rehearsal accompanist, chorus master, assistant conductor, ensemble pianist.
- Sarah Kleeman, spent a good part of 2011 starring in the national tour of Spring Awakening. While on tour in Los Angeles she found time to come back to CSUN to talk to our current students about life in “the business”. She and her husband, Ben, have recently moved to New York City.
- Ani Maldjian is currently (October 2011) on tour in Europe with The Diary of Anne Frank. During the 2010-11 season she appeared with Long Beach Opera, Opera in the Heights, Portland Chamber Opera, Seattle Opera, and was cover artist with the N.Y. Philharmonic. She will appear again this season in Long Beach and Seattle
- Robert Norman recently appeared as Spoletta in Opera Las Vegas’ production of Puccini’s Tosca. He also sang the role of Don Ottavio in Mozart’s Don Giovanni with the Pacific Opera Project.
- Andrew Samonsky has recently starred in Tales of The City in San Francisco. The show was such a hit in S.F. it is almost definitely on it’s way to Broadway. The highlight of the last few years for Andrew was his starring role in the revival of South Pacific in New York and on the national PBS broadcast.
- Oxana Senina performed the role of Queen Tye in Long Beach Opera’s production of Aknahten.
- Vincent Robles works professionally in Los Angeles with the Los Angeles Master Chorale and the L.A. Opera chorus.
- Rebecca Tuttle was recently named to the Young Artist Program of Wichita Grand Opera.