Welcome to the home page of the CSUN Chapter of Phi Alpha Theta, the History Honor Society. Phi Alpha Theta was established on March 17, 1921 at the University of Arkansas. Today, Phi Alpha Theta has 839 active chapters, over 275,000 members, and sponsors 35 regional meetings each Spring. 12,500 members and over 1000 libraries subscribe to The Historian, the quarterly journal of Phi Alpha Theta. For more information on the national organization, visit the Phi Alpha Theta website
To become a member of the CSUN chapter of Phi Alpha Theta, you must meet the following minimum requirements
- · At least 3.1 minimum GPA in 12 or more credit hours of history
- · At least 3.0 minimum overall GPA
If you are interested in becoming a member, download a membership form here, print out and complete, and return with a $55 one-time membership fee (check payable to “CSUN Foundation”) and return to Dr. Josh Sides by April 1st. In April, we will host an induction ceremony at the home of Dr. Nan Yamane. The date will be posted when finalized.
If you have additional questions, you may reach the Phi Alpha Theta Advisor, Dr. Josh Sides, at email@example.com
2007 Regional Meeting: Official Call for Papers
The History Department at California State University Northridge is proud to host the 2007 Phi Alpha Theta Southern California Regional Meeting on Saturday, May 12, 2007. We welcome proposals from both undergraduates and graduate students. Phi Alpha Theta membership is not a requirement to present but only Phi Alpha Theta members are eligible for awards.
To present at the 2007 Southern California Regional Meeting, complete the following steps:
- Print out and complete a Proposal Abstract Form
- Print out four (4) copies of your paper. Your paper should not exceed 12 double-spaced pages, to be presented in 20-25 minutes.
- Write registration check in the amount of $35.00 to “CSUN Foundation”
- All items must be received by April 1, 2007. Mail the above items to the following address: