Math 250 (15541) Syllabus
Textbook: Calculus by Stewart, 7th edition.
Coverage: Chapters 12—16
Practice Problems: Assigned every time in class
e-Homework: Online through WebWrok with due date
See WebWork Instructions in footnote
Required Written Test/Homework Format
· Be neat
· Plenty space for margins
· Double space
· Single column
· Start every sentence with a new line and proper indent
· Reasoning is more important than answer
· Every line of work must be justified by adequate reasoning
Final exam: 10:15 am – 12:15 pm, Tuesday, 5/14
Grading: homework 100 points A: 85% or better
● If you have not used the Math Department Moodle in a previous course, activate your Moodle account (Math Department Moodle, not CSUN Moodle), by following the instructions for initial login given at http://www.csun.edu/~hcmth008/moodle_login/moodle_login_students.pdf
● To enroll in our Moodle course, continue with the instructions (Enrollment key is 15541) given at http://www.csun.edu/~hcmth008/moodle_login/moodle_login_students.pdf
● Once you have set up your Moodle account, you access homework assignments by going to http://mathweb1.sandbox.csun.edu/moodle1/login/
● Log in.
● On the next web page, select this course.
● On the next web page, select the WeBWorK problem set you want to work on.
● Click on "Download a hardcopy of this homework set" and then "Generate hardcopy for selected sets and selected users."
● Print out the problem set (and repeat the above if the assignment involves more than one set.)
● Log out of WeBWorK and then out of Moodle.
● When you are ready to submit your answers, log into this class again.
● Click on the name of the current problem set.
● Click on a problem.
● Type in your answer and click on "Submit Answers." (If you have a mistake, you can put in a new answer immediately or you can put in a new answer later after you have reworked the problem.)
● Click on the next problem, and continue as above.
● When you are done, log out. (You can log in again at any later time before the due date if you didn't finish or if you want to change something.)
time before the due date if you didn't finish or if you want to change something.)