Math 150B (15163) Syllabus
Students with C+ or lower grade in prerequisite must enroll in Math 150B Lab concurrently.
Textbook: Calculus by Stewart, 7th edition
Objective: To Cover Chapters 6-8, 10,11
Graphing calculators recommended
See WebWork Instructions in footnote
Required Written Work/Test Format:
· Be neat
· Plenty space for margin
· Double space
· Single column
· Start every sentence with a new line and proper indent
· Reasoning is more important than answer
· Every line of work must be justified by adequate reasoning
Tests: 2/7, 2/28, 3/21, 4/18
For Semester Review Problems (i.e., Sample Final Exam),
Grading: homework 100 A: 85% or better
● If you have not used the Math Department Moodle in a previous course, activate your Moodle account (Math Department Moodle, not CSUN Moodle), by following the instructions for initial login given at http://www.csun.edu/~hcmth008/moodle_login/moodle_login_students.pdf
● To enroll in our Moodle course, continue with the instructions (Enrollment key is 15163) given at http://www.csun.edu/~hcmth008/moodle_login/moodle_login_students.pdf
● Once you have set up your Moodle account, you access homework assignments by going to http://mathweb1.sandbox.csun.edu/moodle1/login/
● Log in.
● On the next web page, select this course.
● On the next web page, select the WeBWorK problem set you want to work on.
● Click on "Download a hardcopy of this homework set" and then "Generate hardcopy for selected sets and selected users."
● Print out the problem set (and repeat the above if the assignment involves more than one set.)
● Log out of WeBWorK and then out of Moodle.
● When you are ready to submit your answers, log into this class again.
● Click on the name of the current problem set.
● Click on a problem.
● Type in your answer and click on "Submit Answers." (If you have a mistake, you can put in a new answer immediately or you can put in a new answer later after you have reworked the problem.)
● Click on the next problem, and continue as above.
● When you are done, log out. (You can log in again at any later time before the due date if you didn't finish or if you want to change something.)