Michael G. Neubauer
Office of the Provost and Vice-President for Academic Affairs
California State University
Northridge, CA 91330-8200
Phone: 818.677.2957 (USA)
- August 1989 - Ph.D., Mathematics, University of Southern California, Dissertation: On Solvable Monodromy Groups of Fixed Genus, Advisor: Robert M. Guralnick.
- July 1984 - Vordiplom, Mathematik, Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg.
- Vice-Provost, California State University Northridge, since July 2013.
- Professor, California State University Northridge, since spring 1995.
- Visiting Assistant Professor, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, fall 1994.
- Visiting Assistant Professor, University of California at Irvine, 1992-1994.
- Instructor, University of Texas at Austin, 1989-92.
- Teaching Assistant, University of Southern California, 1986-89.
- 24. with Anna Karapiperi, Marilena Mitrouli and Jennifer Seberry, An eigenvalue approach evaluating minors for weighing matrices W(n, n-1), Linear Algebra and its Applications, 436(2012), pp. 2054-2066.
- 23. with Margo Gartner, A Proposal for Apportioning the House, PS:Political Science and Politics, Volume 44, Issue 01, January 2011, pp 77 -79.
- 22. with Richard Pace, D-optimal (0,1)-weighing designs for 8 objects, Linear Algebra and its Applications, 432(2010) 2634-2657. DOI: 10.1016/j.laa.2009.12.007
- 21. with Bernardo Ábrego, Silvia Fernández-Merchant, and William Watkins, Sum of squares of degrees in a graph, JIPAM, Volume 10(2009), Issue 3, Article 64, 34 pp.
- 20. with Eloy. A. Lopez, D-optimal designs for 10 objects, Linear and Multilinear Algebra, Volume 58, Issue 2, 2010, 151-171. DOI: 10.1080/03081080701872069
- 19. with William Watkins, A Variance Analog of Majorization and Some Associated Inequalities, Journal of Inequalities in Pure and Applied Mathematics (JIPAM), Volume 7, Issue 3, Article 79, 2006, 21 pages.
- 18. with Bernardo Ábrego, Silvia Fernández-Merchant, and William Watkins, Trace-minimal graphs and D-optimal weighing designs, Linear Algebra and its Applications, Volume 412, 15 January 2006, Pages 161-221.
- 17. with Bernardo Ábrego, Silvia Fernández-Merchant, and William Watkins, D-optimal weighing designs for n ≡ -1 mod 4 objects and a large number of weighings, Linear Algebra and its Applications, Volume 374, 15 November 2003, Pages 175-218.
- 16. with Joel Zeitlin, Outcomes of Presidential Elections and the House Size, PS:Political Science and Politics,Volume XXXVI, Number 4, October 2003, pp. 721-725.
- 15. with Joel Zeitlin, Apportionment and the 2000 Election, The College Mathematics Magazine, Vol. 34, NO. 1, January 2003, 2-9.
- 14. with William Watkins, D-optimal designs for seven objects and large number of weighings, Linear and Multilinear Algebra, 2002, Vol 50, No. 1, pp. 61-74.
- 13. with William Watkins, E-optimal Spring Balance Weighing designs for n ≡ 3 mod 4 Objects, Siam Journal of Matrix Analysis and Applications, 2002, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 91-105.
- 12. with William Watkins and Joel Zeitlin, D-optimal designs for six objects, Metrika, (2000)52: 185-211.
- 11. with William Watkins and Joel Zeitlin, D-optimal designs for four and five objects, Electronic Journal of Linear Algebra, Volume 4, pp. 48-72, November 1998.
- 10. with William Watkins and Joel Zeitlin, Notes on D-optimal Designs, Linear Algebra and its Applications, 280 (1998) 109-127.
- 9. with Al Sethuraman, Commuting Pairs in the Centralizer of 2-Regular Matrices, Journal of Algebra, 214, 174-181 (1999).
- 8. An Inequality for Positive-definite Matrices with Applications to Combinatorial Matrices, Linear Algebra and its Applications, 267:163-174(1997).
- 7. with William Watkins and Joel Zeilin, Maximal j-simplices in the real d-dimensional unit cube, Journal of Combinatorial Theory (A), Vol. 80, No. 1, 1997.
- 6. with A.J. Radcliffe, The maximum determinant of (+1,-1)-matrices, Linear Algebra and its Applications, 257:289-306(1997).
- 5. with Robert M. Guralnick, Monodromy groups of branched coverings: The generic case, Contemporary Mathematics, 186, (1995), 325-352.
- 4. with David J. Saltman, A note on algebras generated by two commuting matrices, Journal of Algebra, 164(2), (1994), 545-562.
- 3. Primitive permutation groups of genus zero and one I, Communications in Algebra, 21(3), (1993), 711-746.
- 2. On monodromy groups of fixed genus, Journal of Algebra, 153(1), (1992), 215-261.
- 1. The variety of pairs of matrices with rank(AB-BA) ≤ 1, Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society,105 (1989), 787-792.
with William Watkins, D-optimal designs, Handbook of Linear Algebra, CRC Press, 2006.
WORK IN PROGRESS
with Ann Davis, Scott Malloy, Mark Schilling, William Watkins and Joel Zeitlin, Potential minimizing configurations on the sphere. Ongoing project.
- Outstanding Professor, Center on Disabilities, CSUN, 2005.
- Distinguished Teaching Award, School of Physical Sciences, UC Irvine, 1994.