Newsgroups (Electronic Bulletin Boards) Which Discuss Social Studies and Other Educational Issues
- K-12 Social Studies. A newsgroup devoted to social studies issues. You can read what other teachers think and you can post your own messages.
- Miscellaneous Educational Issues. Do you have a question about classroom management? Discipline? Cooperative learning? Need a job? Why not select this newsgroup and ask your fellow teachers for their ideas?
- Moderated History Newsgroup. All types of topics dealing with historical themes are discussed by people from around the Internet.
- Talk About History. Talk About History is an interactive forum sponsored by HistoryNet devoted to discussion of history and history-related topics. Titles of the discussion areas to which you can post messages include: Talking History, Book Talk, Travel Talk, The Civil War, and Military History.
- H-Net's Electronic Discussion Lists. The site provides links to a wide variety of internet mailing lists of interest to social studies teachers and students. The lists enable users to share information and ideas and are moderated and maintained by H-Net's editors. Information on how to subscribe to the mailing lists and receive the e-mail messages posted there is included.
- NCSS Listserv. The Instructional Technology Committee of National Council for the Social Studies has established a listserv (Internet mailing list) for teachers to share information and ideas about social studies education in grades K-12 and in teacher education. Information is provided on how to subscribe to the mailing list and receive e-mail messages posted there.
Go Back To First Page.