One $ 500 Award
Student must be a junior or senior.
- CTVA Department - 3.5 grade point average in Cinema and Television Arts courses;
- Overall University GPA may also be taken into consideration.
Area of Emphasis:
- Student has demonstrated an outstanding classroom record in broadcasting
history and film history courses: CTVA 305 History of Broadcasting and/or CTVA
310 History of American Cinema or an equivalent media history course/s.
- Student has a professional goal of a career in the media history / research area.
- Student must have demonstrated a serious interest in a career in media history.
Procedure for Student Applicants:
- Complete the Scholarship Application Form available online or in the CTVA Department (MZ 195).
- Submit a one-page composition in which you discuss why you wish to work in the
field of media history / research, the work you have already done in media history
/ research, your employment goals over the next five years and your
specialization in your work at CSUN.
- List three references that can attest to your merit as a scholarship applicant. At
least one reference listed should be a CTVA full-time faculty member.
- Return all materials (stapled together with application form on top) to the CTVA
Department no later than 3 PM, Monday, February 18, 2013.
The Carson Schreiber Film /Television / Media History Scholarship was established by Mr. Schreiber, who is a CTVA alumnus and retired music industry executive.