- María Rosa García-Acevedo
Office Location: ST 218
Office phone: (818) 677-6336
- Ph.D. from the University of Arizona.
- M.A. from the University of New Mexico.
- B.A. from the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México.
- She has been a research fellow in the United States and Mexico at the Center for U.S. Mexican Studies, University of California San Diego; the School of Social Ecology, University of California, Irvine; the Centro de Investigación y Docencia Económicas, the Universidad Autónoma de Ciudad Juárez and the Colegio de la Frontera Norte.
- 155 American Political Institutions
- 156 Introduction to Comparative Politics
- 197 Ethnic Politics
- 332 Politics of Latin America
- 421 The Politics of Development
- 464 Comparative Public Policy
- 480 The Politics of Globalization
- 156 HON Introduction to Comparative Politics:Honors
- 420A International Relations of Selected Areas:Latin America
- 432A Politics of Mexico
- 432B Government and Politics of South America
- 471C Proseminar:International Relations
- 471E Proseminar:Public Administration
- 496 I Experimental Topics Courses in Political Science
Selected Publications and Presentations
The [Re]construction of Diasporic Policies in Mexico in the Era of Globalization and Democracy: The Case of the Clubes de Oriundos. Politics & Policy 36: 6. December 2008
“Globalization and Democracy in the [Re]construction of Diasporic policies in Mexico.” Paper presented at the American Political Science Association Meeting. Chicago, 2007.
“Looking Across the Canal: Reflections on Visions and Policies on Water Issues in the United States” In The U.S.-Mexican Border Environment (Vicente Sanchez (ed). San Diego: San Diego State University, 2006.
Research and Interests
Her main areas of research and teaching are Comparative Politics, Latin American and Mexican Politics, and Public Policy.