- Mission Statement
- Featured Projects
- Contact Us
- College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Data Collection, Development and Processing
- GIS Data Analysis
- Expert Training
- Expert Consultation
- Other Services
- CGS Brochure (.pdf)
About Our Services
The Center for Geographical Studies is an interdisciplinary research center focused on applications, education, and innovative solutions to real world problems using Geographic Information Systems (GIS). As part of our mission, we serve as a leader and catalyst for the advancement of GIS technology for academic institutions, private industry, and the public sector. With years of experience in geospatial technology, we provide quality services while providing our students with an opportunity to develop skills that further their educational experience and prepare them for the working world. Our services vary from education and training in geospatial technology to implementation of customized GIS solutions.
The Center for Geographical Studies provides:
- State of the art facilities and geospatial tools housed in the Department of Geography at California State University, Northridge.
- Expert faculty and staff with advanced training and experience in an array of geographic information science areas.
- A highly motivated group of student-interns trained in the most current methods and tools, under the supervision of the Center’s faculty and staff.
- Geospatial services at a fair price while providing valuable job experience for CSUN students. It’s a great community partnership!