The construction management industry is a diverse and global group of professional constructors and trade organizations providing a service to owners and the capital projects being undertaken. Professional construction managers are contracted to perform management and project control procedures. Students in construction management will develop the skills , knowledge, and thought processes needed to successfully complete construction projects on time and within budget, adhering to construction standards and safety guidelines. Students will learn the fundamentals of construction management, project control, and technical skills in graphics, materials, equipment, planning & scheduling, finance, and estimating. Graduates are expected to make a smooth, seamless transition into the construction industry. Graduates will find employment in commercial, design build, heavy civil and residential applications of the construction industry.
Goals & Objectives
- Enable students to become motivated, well-versed in construction management, and have the requisite skills needed to become leaders of the construction industry.
- Graduates will successfully demonstrate the managerial skills to organize and control construction projects from conception to closeout.
- Graduates will develop innovative thinking processes and creative problem solving skills.
- Graduates will develop leadership capabilities through practical application and team building techniques.
- Offer a program with external networking capabilities that develop oral and written communications skills.
- Graduates will be introduced to the society and environment of the construction and related industries.
- Graduates produce evidence of strong communication skills and delivery.
- Provide resources that will create a rich educational environment.
- Provide an environment conducive to student and faculty development.
- Provide the required facilities, laboratories, equipment, computer applications and external support for course and program development.