Conference Information and Registration Materials
This year, the vast majority of conference materials will be mainly served to you in Adobe format (.pdf). We have taken this step to improve the aesthetics, and hopefully the functionality and user friendliness of the registration process. This may require you to download Adobe Reader, or update to the latest version (they were on version 10.1.2 in January). Most of you will already have Adobe reader on your Mac or PC, and won't need any additional software.
Consult the links below to find all the materials necessary for you to successfully register and attend this year's conference.
Basic Information - Read before you register
Single File -
with information on registration, membership, meals, field trips, donations and lodging
(374 Kb- opens in new window .pdf)
Individual files with information:
- Information regarding membership and registration (opens in new window .pdf)
- Information regarding meals and dining options (opens in new window .pdf)
- Information regarding field trips (opens in new window .pdf)
- Information for donors (opens in a new window .pdf)
- Information for conference presenters (opens in new window .pdf)
- Lodging and Camping information (opens in new window .pdf)
Registration Form - Read Instructions Carefully
The link below will take you away from this site to Acrobat.com. This web site will prompt you to either download or open the registration form. It is almost always best to chose the download option. Once you've downloaded/saved a copy of the registration form, you should fill it out, check it for accuracy, print a copy for your records, then click on the submit button to return the data to the California Geographical Society. Once your registration is complete, then you may submit payment.
Registration instructions and warnings for Mac/Apple Users
(opens new window with additional information)
You MUST have Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat on your computer for the form to work properly.
If you are presenting a paper, please have your abstract ready.
Deadline for all on-line registrations is April 13th.
"At-the-door" registration is a minimum $55, and carries no guarantees of access to meals or field trips.
Deadline for presenters to submit their registration materials is April 2nd.
You may also want to have your credit card or payment information handy.
Online Registration is now closed. We're looking at a record or near record attendance.
You may register "at the door" to attend the conference sessions, etc.
At the door registration will be $60 for faculty and $45-50 for students.
Few or no "banquet" or BBQ tickets will be available at this point.
The deadline for paper, poster and map submissions has passed.
All Field Trips are sold out, except the biking trip #4 and maybe the #7 trip
Using PayPal and you've already registered, but haven't yet paid?
Click HERE to go straight to the Davis Conferenc PAYPAL portal....but don't pay unless you register!
Program and Abstracts - Subject to Revision! (especially room assignments!)
- Saturday Event Schedule "Planner" (.pdf) opens in new window. UPDATED 4/24
Use to help you plan your visits to papers and posters.
- Conference Program (.pdf) - opens in new window UPDATED 4/24
- Conference Abstracts each opens in a new window. *use "find" to search for topics, names, titles, etc.
Conference Materials - All links open in new window
- Student Poster Competition Flier (.pdf)
- Ranking Criteria (.pdf)
- Student Paper Competition Flier (.pdf)
- Judging Criteria (.pdf)
- Student Cartography Competition Flier (.pdf)
- Judging Criteria (.pdf)
- Student Travel Awards Flier (.pdf)
- David Lantis Scholarship Opportunity Links (.pdf )
Maps and Directions
- University of California, Davis Online Map (opens in new window)
- Maps and Directions (.pdf)
Google Map of campus and important conference venues
View CGC Conference, Davis: Important Venues in a larger map
Carpooling and Ridesharing
Need a ride to the conference? - Going to the conference and want to offer a ride?