Conference Lodging Information - All Links Open in New Windows
Consult the links below to see the lodging options available in Fullerton and environs.
- Best Western Holiday Spa Lodge, 1025 N Main St, Bishop, CA.
- For Apr 29, 30 and May 1, the California Geographical Society has 20 blocked rooms with two queens ($110 each) and 20 block single kings ($95 each) and one blocked handicap ($95).
- Make reservations as soon as possible. The hotel manager will only hold our block of rooms until March 1.
- The motel should be very full after that date.
- Cancellations can only be made up until 30 days before the event.
- Phone number is 760-873-3543
Other Lodging Options
- Google Map of the Bishop with motel options
- A list of motels in the Bishop area from Sidestep.com - sort by price, distance, etc.
Camping, Hostels and Lodging Options
- The Tri-County Fairgrounds has RV-style camp sites available just footsteps from the conference venue.
- Commerical Campgrounds and RV Parks via Google Maps
- Another List of Camping Options from the Bishop Chamber of Commerce
- For the seriously budget minded members attending the Bishop conference you might want to check with the district BLM office about the Horton Creek campground (http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/bishop/camping/horton.html). It is normally open by May and costs only about $5.00 per campsite. There is a creek with some willows, fire pits, picnic tables, and pit toilets - a bit primitive, but normally very quiet with great views of the Sierra. It is an easy drive to Bishop and a good site for classes and individuals operating on a shoestring.
- See below for a map to Pleasant Valley Pit, courtesy of Dr. Bill Bown who notes that "The BLM campground at Horton Creek is currently closed. However, nearby Pleasant Valley Pit Campground is open."