Conference Information and Registration Materials
Consult the links below to find all the materials necessary for you to successfully register and attend this year's conference. Make sure you have your abstract ready and your credit card before you begin. If you have questions contact Steve Graves at email@example.com or phone 818-677-3517
To register and pay for the conference click here - Online registration closes April 22nd at noon Pacific. You may still register at the door.
|Membership||$25, with discounts||$10-$15|
|Registration||$50 (includes Friday BBQ)||$25-40 (includes Friday BBQ)|
|Lodging||$50-$150 per night (motel) ; $20 camping||
$50-$150 per night (motel)
|Travel||Google Directions||Google Directions|
Program and Abstracts
- Conference Program (.pdf) - opens in new window
- Conference Abstracts (.pdf) - opens in new window. *use "find" to search for topics, names, titles, etc.
- Conference Session Planner (.pdf) - opens in new window. Use to help you plan your visits to papers and posters.
Deadline for paper, poster and cartography presenters to enter their paper, map or poster is April 4th, 2011 at noon--Extended to April 8th at noon Pacific Time.
- Field trip descriptions (html)
- Call for Presentations: Maps, Posters, Papers (.pdf) Total Package...all fliers in one file.
- Student Poster Competition Flyer (.pdf)
- Ranking Criteria (.pdf)
- Student Paper Competition Flyer (.pdf)
- Judging Criteria (.pdf)
- Student Cartography Competition Flyer (.pdf)
- Judging Criteria (.pdf)
- Student Travel Awards Flyer (.pdf)
- David Lantis Scholarship Opportunity Links (.pdf )
Nominations for Awards - Call for Participation
The California Geographical Society seeks nominations for the following awards:
- Outstanding Educator Award--given to an instructor from a California 2 or 4 year college/university
- California Geographical Society Service Award--given each year to a member of the Society who has demonstrated outstanding commitment to the organization
- Outstanding Teaching Award-- to honor those teachers who are responsible for generating the love for geography among their students
- Friend of Geography Award--recognizes persons who, though perhaps outside the organizational structure or membership of the California Geographical Society, have nevertheless contributed mightily to the cause of geography in California (and beyond).
- Send suggestions to Past President Jennifer Helzer.
The California Geographical Society seeks nominations for the following positions:
- Treasurer (write checks, prepare budget)
- Vice President (help president, become president after two years)
- Editor of The California Geographer
- Conference Lodging Information is now available
- Bishop Chamber of Commerce Web Site
- Maps (Google Maps)
Carpooling and Ridesharing
- Need a ride to the conference? - Going to the conference and want to offer a ride?
- Visit the California Geographical Society Blog for a rideshare post.
- Here's a link to the rideshare interest form. Conference attendees will have also gotten an email with a link to the published results. This is experimental.