California Geographical Society
67th Annual Conference
San Luis Obispo
April 26th-28th, 2013
Lodging options are numerous in the San Luis Obispo area, but we urge you to plan early to get the best rates.
We have decided upon La Cuesta Inn (2074 Monterey Street, San Luis Obispo, Ca. 93401 - map ) as the Conference Hotel. The California Geographical Society has blocked a number of rooms for the organization at a special rate.
Some are reporting that the La Cuesta Inn (the official conference hotel) is booked, so the nice folks at the Holiday Inn Express nearby have offered to hold some additional rooms for us. Please consider them and use the links below.
Holiday Inn Express
1800 Monterey Street
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Guests can book by visiting: California Geographical Society
Or by calling 805-544-8600 to reserve. They must ask for the “California Geographical Society”
- We can offer a discounted rate of $125 +tax per night, a hot breakfast buffet is included
- We are the closest hotel to Cal Poly, only three blocks from campus
- We have set aside 10 rooms per night on April 26 and April 27
- Guests have until April 15 to call and reserve
Rooms not reserved after the cutoff date will be released for re-sale.
- We will add more rooms to the block once the block is full, if availability allows
- We request a 24 hour cancellation notice for all reservations
A fee of one night +tax will be charged for reservations not cancelled after 6pm on April 25
Check the links below for alternate lodging options, plus information for campers (Ahoy Humboldt State!)
Lodging Options and Camping Information (forthcoming)
Consult the links below to find all the materials necessary for you to successfully register and attend this year's conference.
List of Loding and Camping Options (with prices and links) - .pdf - opens in new window.
Map of Hotels and Motels
Map of Camping Options
Carpooling and Ridesharing
- Need a ride to the conference? - Going to the conference and want to offer a ride?
- Visit the California Geographical Society Blog for a rideshare post.