Registration Materials - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Note that April 1st is the deadline for anyone wanting to present a map, paper or poster. Others may register after April 1, 2014, but may not be permitted to enjoy all the elements of the conference (meals, field trips, etc.), especially if attendance is robust as it has been in recent years. "At the door" registration is possible, but rarely do last second registrants participate in field trips or the banquet, BBQ, etc. Please avoid registering late.
If you are presenting a paper, poster or cartography (or workshop), you must have your title and abstract prepared in advance on a word processor (with spell check!). Abstracts are limited to a 150 word maximum.
If you are paying for yourself, please have your credit card ready. Please note that NO registration is complete until it has been paid for by yourself or a representative of your school or institution. You may not reserve a spot on a field trip simply by registering - you still have to pay to reserve a seat on a field trip or at a conference event.
Do not submit multiple registrations. WAIT until you are really ready, register once and do it right. Volunteer organizers of this conference cannot edit your registration multiple times.
Anticipate Your Costs
--$10 for students
--$25 for faculty ($20 for retired - $250 for lifetime membership)
Registration (includes Friday Night BBQ and mixer - plus Metro TAP card for first 300)
-- $30 for students presenting, $45 for students NOT presenting
--$55 for regular, retired and life members
Meals (see menu below)
--Lunch - $10 (for all)
--Banquet: $20 for students (non-presenters), free for first author student presenters, $25 for everyone else.
Field Trips (see descriptions link below)
-- $10 to $35
Click the links below to register online. Everyone must register himself or herself. Faculty or staff who are paying for an entire group may use the group registration link to reduce the hassle of paying for multiple registrants.
ONLINE INDIVIDUAL REGISTRATION (everyone)
GROUP REGISTRATION(for persons paying on behalf of a group only)
Problems with the registration form? Contact Steve Graves at email@example.com
Program and Abstracts - Posted April, 15th 2014
- Tentative Event Schedule .pdf
- Conference Program (.pdf) - opens in new window
- Conference Abstracts (.pdf) - opens in new window. *use "find" to search for topics, names, titles, etc.
- Conference Session Planner (.pdf) - opens in new window. Use to help you plan your visits to papers and posters.
Presentation Information- All links open in new window
- Call for Presentations: Maps, Posters, Papers (.pdf) -FULL PACKET
Additional Conference Information
- Conference Lodging Information .pdf
- Field trip descriptions (.pdf) - printable
- Field trip descriptions( .html) - easy to view on line
- Menu (.pdf) - We eat well at CGS Conferences -this year's menu is no different.
- Maps and Directions (.pdf)
- RAFFLE FLIER! (.jpg) - (.pdf) - Put together a basket of goodies or bring some Geo-swag to help increase the student travel fund account.
Carpooling and Ridesharing
- Visit the California Geographical Society's Facebook page for networking and contacts...or just contact one of the CGS board for tips to get to the conference "green".