There are two parts to application into the Music department. The first is the application to the University and the second is the application into the Music department.
- Apply online at www.csun.edu. Go the link for admissions and records.
For university on-line applications go to: www.csumentor.edu
- Contact the undergraduate advisor in the music department for an audition time (special auditions may be arranged through the area advisor).
- Contact your area advisor prior to the auditions regarding audition repertoire.(see the department of music web page and select ACADEMIC PROGRAMS ... MASTERS DEGREES).
- After your audition, the undergraduate advisor will contact you by letter regarding the status of your audition into the Music department.
- Within three or four weeks, the University will contact you with your official application status.
- The graduate coordinator in the Music department will contact you regarding advisement.The graduate coordinator in the Music department can be contacted with questions at any point along the way by e-mailing to email@example.com
Dr. Julia Heinen, Graduate Music Advisor
Each student should meet with the appropriate faculty area advisor and the graduate music advisor while being considered for admission to the program and for course registration for each semester. Refer to the AREAS OF EMPHASIS Pages for advisor contact information.