What is the Student Recreation Center (SRC)?
The Student Recreation Center, which opened on January 26, 2012, is a 138,000 square foot facility for exercise and leisure activity that promotes lifelong health and wellness. The eco-friendly facility is jam packed with the most up-to-date equipment, a friendly and welcoming staff, and tons of school spirit.
The SRC features state-of–the-art weight and fitness zones, a rock wall, locker rooms, a 3-court gymnasium, a multi-activity court, fitness and group exercise studios, a racquetball court, an indoor track and recreational/lap swimming pool. The SRC is Where Matadors Play.
Elements of the Student Recreation Center:
You can see the floor plans of the SRC, which include all the elements listed below, at SRC Maps.
- Red-ring courts- Gymnasium Courts
- Multi-Activity Court (MAC)- Indoor soccer, floor hockey, basketball, volleyball, etc.
- Weight and fitness space including free weights, machines and cardio equipment
- Motivation Studio, Determination Studio, and Inspiration Studio-Group exercise studios for aerobics, martial arts, Spinning®, yoga, dance, Pilates, and more
- Indoor Jogging Track
- Ridge- rock wall- 44-foot rock climbing wall and bouldering area
- Determination Studio- Boxing studio with TRX® equipment
- Locker Rooms
- Matty’s Kids Club- Drop-in Baby Sitting Services- for a small fee
- Office Space for Sport Clubs
- Outdoor Lap and Recreation Pool
- Field complex for flag football, ultimate Frisbee, soccer, softball, and more (currently under design, scheduled to open in 2013)
For more information about the SRC, please contact:
Student Recreation Center
Phone: (818) 677-5434