This page is updated regularly so please check back soon.
Commit to be Fit
Recognizing that all of you who work so tirelessly deserve a great health benefit of your own, we created a fun and engaging Wellness Program opened to students, faculty/staff and community members. The program is designed to expand your limits of strength, flexibility, and cardiovascular health. Improved fitness improves your quality of life and makes your world bigger. How? The healthier and more fit you become, the more you are able to take advantage of everything the world offers; you have more choices at work, at home, and at play.
* People that are not affiliated with CSUN are welcome to join the program.
- Host: CSUN Institute for Community Health & Wellbeing and the Department of Kinesiology
- Fall 2013 Program Dates and Times: September 3, 2013 through December 10, 2013
Mondays through Thursdays: 5:30pm-6:30pm in Redwood Hall (RE) 200
- Required Blood Pressure Check & Paperwork (walk-in either day): August 28 and August 29 5:00pm – 6:00pm in RE 200
- Orientation (optional): August 29 at 6:00pm – 6:30pm, location TBD
- Required Forms:
▪ PAR-Q Form (mandatory):
*If you answer “yes” to any of the PAR-Q questions or if your blood pressure is > 140/90, you will need physician clearance to participate.
▪ Liability Form (mandatory):
▪ Photo Release Form (optional):
- Link: Faculty/Staff Wellness Page
- Flyer: Commit2BFitFlyer
- Contact: Dr. Kim Henige at email@example.com
CDSC Brainstorming Meeting
The Civil Discourse and Social Change Initiative (CDSC) is planning to have an event (or series of events) dedicated to Health, Healing and Social Change during Women’s History month on March 20th in the Grand Salon at CSUN. In order to solidify their plans, they are having a planning/discussion meeting to determine the focus of the event(s), and they would very much like you to join them in this discussion. Below is the meeting details for the brainstorming meeting:
- Date and Time: Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at 3:30pm to 4:30pm
- Location: TBD
- RSVP: Send an email to Dr. Theresa White at firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Fun Money
A series of parent & child activities designed to help teach your children about money. Parents and children have the opportunity to explore money related concepts that demonstrate teaching children how to make wise money choices. Children will work on take-home projects that will support them in learning how to set and achieve goals, distinguish between wants and needs, and understand the uses and values of different currencies. Parents and children completing all four activities will receive a reward.
- Host: California State University, Northridge and The Institute for Community Health and Wellbeing
- Dates & Times: Saturday Sept. 14 at 10:00 AM, Saturday Oct. 19 at 10:00 AM, Saturday Nov. 16 at 10:00 AM, and Saturday Dec. 14 at 10:00 AM
- Signup sheets for each event are available at the Early Learning Center registration desk.
- To Learn More: Family Fun Money Flyer