This page is updated regularly so please check back soon.
Commit to be Fit
Recognizing that all of you who work so tirelessly deserve a great health benefit of your own, we created a fun and engaging Wellness Program opened to students, faculty/staff and community members. The program is designed to expand your limits of strength, flexibility, and cardiovascular health. Improved fitness improves your quality of life and makes your world bigger. How? The healthier and more fit you become, the more you are able to take advantage of everything the world offers; you have more choices at work, at home, and at play.
* People that are not affiliated with CSUN are welcome to join the program.
- Host: CSUN Institute for Community Health & Wellbeing and the Department of Kinesiology
- Summer 2014 Program Dates: June 3 – July 31. Tuesday and Thursdays. 5:30pm-6:30pm in Redwood Hall (RE) 200
- Orientation (optional): June 3 and June 5, 5:30pm to 6:30pm, Redwood Hall 200 (upstairs south gym) (only need one day for orientation)
- Required Forms:
▪ PAR-Q Form (mandatory):
*If you answer “yes” to any of the PAR-Q questions or if your blood pressure is > 140/90, you will need physician clearance to participate.
▪ Liability Form (mandatory):
▪ Photo Release Form (optional):
- Link: Faculty/Staff Wellness Page
- Flyer: Commit2BFitFlyer
- Contact: Dr. Kim Henige at email@example.com
The Miracle Project @ The Teenage Drama Workshop (TMP@TADW)
This summer a new musical play, JOINING THE SPECTRUM: A Collaborative Play about Inclusion, will be staged by artists from The Miracle Project, led by director Elaine Hall and her award winning staff. The play will be created by the students with The Miracle Project team using theatre games, exercises, and storytelling techniques to generate the script. Approximately (15) youth, 12-18 years-old, will be able to sign up for this unique production program. Enrollment in the TMP@TADW is limited, so apply now if interested!
- Date: June 16th – July 27th, 2014
-Flyer: Click Here
Application/More Information: http://www.csun.edu/tadw/application2.html
Joining the Spectrum
A Collaborative Play about Inclusion, will be staged by artists from The Miracle Project, led by director Elaine Hall and her award winning staff. The play will be created by the students with The Miracle Project team… using theatre games, exercises, and storytelling techniques to generate the script. This play is great for people looking to catch a fun show that is sensory friendly. The play will be shown from July 7 to July 17, 2014. For more details, please visit http://www.csun.edu/tadw/miracleproject.html.