- Applying Web Architecture Best Practices across College, Department, and Administration web sites should be undertaken as a concerted effort between web site owners and Web Communications Personnel.
- Development of architectures for individual sites should be systematic:
- Identify web site administrators, web page authors, and content contributors;
- Review existing web content for accuracy and currency;
- Structure web content according to Web Site Architecture Best Practices (map out headings, links, labels);
- Conduct usability tests to verify the functionality of the content labels and structure.
- It is recommended that web-management procedures and content-creation policies be standardized.
Users find critical information more quickly, without frustration
Supports implementation of the ATI
Provides opportunity to review currency and accuracy of content
Collaborating now will make future content additions more manageable
Standardized template for header and footer make future updates easier to implement
Simplifies content management