Universal Design Paraprofessional
The Universal Design Paraprofessional will assist the UDC team with accessibility and usability evaluation of websites, web applications, and electronic documents on campus and other third-party products to ensure equal access opportunities for all individuals. Student workers will be trained to perform accessibility and usability evaluations, to develop accessibility reports and research to identify technology solutions. Student Paraprofessionals will also assist in the daily operations of the office and assist in consolation with clients and departmental training events as assigned.
The selected candidate will assist the UDC team by:
- Assist with accessibility and usability testing for web, applications and documents
- Develop reports on test results and errors found
- Perform testing of institutional resources on different devices and cross-platform compatibility
- Research technology solutions for accessibility remediation
- Assist in the daily office operations which include copying, running errands, scheduling meetings, answering phones and greeting visitors to the office
- Answering any inquiries regarding UDC services and consulting with the campus community on questions regarding accessibility and usability standards and best practices.
- Providing support in training events as a lab assistant and/or a training specialist
- Other duties as assigned
- Current CSUN Student able to commit at least one academic year
- Experience using a variety of computers and operating systems
- Ability to analyze and interpret web page source codes
- Ability to proofread and edit documents
- Strategic thinker and problem solver
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff and students.
- Experience with assistive technologies is a plus
- 10-15 hrs per week or as needed
- Available to work at least 4 hrs per day
HOW TO APPLY
No openings at this time