David Levithan, author of Every Day (the 2015-2016 Freshman Common Reading at CSUN), was the keynote speaker at this year's Freshman Convocation (September 10, 2015). Sooner or later, the captioned video of Convocation will be posted on the Freshman Convocation website. In the meantime, you can read about the ceremony in the Sundial (9/11/15). According to this story in CSUN Today (9/14/15), approximately 2600 students attended this year's Convocation.
U100 Course Calendar
- Ongoing: CSUN's new-for-fall-2015 campus-wide smoke- and tobacco-free policy.
- Ongoing most Tuesdays throughout the fall semester: Associated Students Farmer's Market, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., East University Drive at Cleary Walk (near the USU & Matador Square)..
- Ongoing: LRC's Freshman Tutor Lab at the Writing Center is open.
- Ongoing many Wednesdays and Fridays: the USU's free Tech Series, 2-3 p.m. in the USU Computer Lab. Sign-up required for each session.
- Ongoing most Tuesdays: Conversation Swap at the LRC, 11 a.m.-12 noon. Native English speakers and international students welcome!
- Ongoing: free 30-minute American Sign Language sessions for CSUN students, staff, and faculty. Mondays noon-12:30 p.m.; Thursdays 3-3:30 p.m. in ED 1216. No prereqs, no commitment required. Come when you can. Open to all members of the CSUN community. Sponsored by CSUN's Center for Teaching & Learning.
- October 10 (Saturday): Parent Day--registration (available beginning early September) is required.
- October 14 (Wednesday): approximate midpoint of the fall semester
- October 20 (Tuesday): Campus Sustainability Day at CSUN: "Building Resilience." Various events, 9:30 a.m.-1:45 p.m., USU Northridge Center.
- November 1 (Sunday): end of Daylight Saving Time: move clocks back one hour ("fall back") at 2 a.m. Saturday night/Sunday morning.
- November 11 (Wednesday): Veterans' Day Holiday; campus closed.