- Ongoing: view the Freshman Connection classes for fall 2015
- Ongoing: First-time freshman advising activities and registration appointments.
- Ongoing: Academic Advisement and registration for Fall 2015 first-time freshmen. View the Advising Checklist for First-Time Freshmen.
- Ongoing: CSUN's new-for-fall-2015 campus-wide smoke- and tobacco-free policy.
- August 27 (Thursday): President's Welcome Picnic, Bayramian Hall Lawn. Free to CSUN students. Lunch: 11:30-1. Dinner: 5:30-7 p.m.
- August 29 (Saturday): Matadors Day of Service, CSUN's first-ever Freshman Service Project. Pre-register online. 8 a.m., Bayramian Hall Lawn.
- September 1 (Tuesday) and most Tuesdays throughout the fall semester: Associated Students Farmer's Market, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., East University Drive at Cleary Walk (near the USU & Matador Square).
- September 1 and 2 (Tuesday and Wednesday): Meet the Clubs, Sierra Quad, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- September 5-7 (Saturday-Monday): Labor Day holiday; no classes.
- September 8 (Tuesday): LRC's Freshman Tutor Lab at the Writing Center opens.
- September 10 (Thursday): Convocation, with keynote speaker David Levithan (author of Every Day). 6 p.m., Oviatt Lawn.
- September 11 (Friday): last day to add or drop a class or change your basis of grading (CR/NC). More info on the registration page.
- September 14-18 (Monday-Friday): petition required to request any adjustment your schedule (adds, drops, other changes). More info on the registration page.
- September 22 (Tuesday): Study Abroad Fair, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., USU Grand Salon.
- October 10 (Saturday): Parent Day--registration (available beginning early September) is required.
Additional campus calendars